Founded in 1999, the Ostego Bay Foundation Marine Science Center is a self funded 501(c)(3) non profit organization. The Foundation provides interactive educational experiences to encourage stewardship of our natural resources.
Our Mission is to ''Promote the understanding, preservation and enhancement of our unique marine environment through education, research and community involvement.''
- Archaeology history of the area with Dinosaur Bones and Fossils
- Artifacts from sunken pirate ships
- Economic History of the Area featuring the Commercial Fishing Fleet
- Understanding the Ecology of the
Barrier Islands and the Estuary
- Magnificent sea shells of the island
- Aquarium Exhibits of the local marine life
- Life cycle of the Loggerhead Turtle
- Learn about Marine Mammals
Dolphins & Manatees
- Hands on Touch tank with rays, crown
conch, flounder and more..
Working Waterfront Tours on Wednesdays, weather permitting. Reservations required.
From Fort Myers Beach San Carlos Drive over the bridge to Main Street. Turn left to the frontage road, turn left under the bridge, the Science Center is on the corner in the Old Bonita Fish Co Bldg